Thursday, June 18, 2009

SBS2008 Library Event Warning

I have been seeing an error in the Event Viewer of my SBS 2008 server for a while but I have ignored it until now.

The error is event id 2003, Performance Library Availability.

The configuration information of the performance library "C:\Windows\system32\sqlctr90.dll" for the "MSSQL$SBSMONITORING" service does not match the trusted performance library information stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted.


The Technet entry seems recent but it says to use the lodctr command.

After opening a command prompt with Administrator privileges the command I used was lodctr /t:sqlctr90.dll.

I will check the event log again in a few days to see if the event is still appearing. Now I need to solve the annoying event 10009 and event 10010 DCOM errors.

1 comment: